The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

you and all your loyalty


Last night I looked through old files and I'm probably going to post some older stuff later. 
I wish that I had more to say but there's honestly not a lot right now. So much has changed since last semester and in a lot of ways I'm getting the feeling that I'm starting over again. There's this weird part of me that feels reminiscent of how I felt at the beginning of first semester, but another part of me that understands that so much has changed since then, the idea that things are the same as they were is just silly. 
I figured out where I am going to live next year and I'm genuinely excited. I need a job, badly. The paper is slowly absorbing my life again. I am weirdly determined to do my school work, in a way that I would estimate I haven't been since freshman year of high school. Which is good, because I did really well in my freshman year of high school. I am also weirdly determined to get in shape. I cannot express to you how desperately I want to be at the beach, and I can't stop thinking about what life would be like if I'd gone to school somewhere different. I wish my thoughts were relevant to one another? 
I might blog again later today. They built this new student activity building next to the gym that's next to my dorm, and I was there earlier and it is genuinely zen. I have the intention of going there to do homework later but its more likely I'll end up writing. Last night I had a dream that was weirder than usual so maybe I'll put that down on paper. Or on FinalDraft. But whatever.




<-----I have already used these pictures but when I think about where I'd like to be they always come to mind, and I don't understand why I am not there right now.




"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."


-Loch

No comments:

Post a Comment