The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

soft rock on the radio

So I know I posted like two hours ago, but I almost died today and I feel like I should write about it.
My street opens up onto a main road, so I was pulling out to make a lefthand turn. Both sides of the street were empty, except for a car in the left hand turn lane who was about to make a left off of the main road and onto my street, but he was pulled back far enough so that I could turn and he was taking too long so I pulled out into the street. As soon as I did, he pulled forward so that he was blocking me and I was stuck in the middle of the street. I was getting really annoyed with him until I looked to my left and saw two cars driving towards me. I started screaming at the guy in the car that was blocking me and he looked confused and finally moved and I pulled forward to finally turn just before I would have gotten t-boned in the face. 
The reason I'm saying this is because at the moment I looked to my left and saw a car going at least 40 mph coming for the drivers side, and I really thought I was going to get my neck broken at the very, very least, I realized that I made the right choice. 


Have a good night.
Love,
Loch.

No comments:

Post a Comment