The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Monday, October 18, 2010

rectify this

Oh herro there!
I didn't drink anything caffeinated today so I've been a little spacey. This morning was entirely disorienting- I set my alarm for 10 pm, as opposed to 10 am, apparently, and I woke up forty minutes late for class. I have too much to do before I go home this weekend, eckkhhh, and I'm trying to do a lot of it right now but I can't concentrateeeeeeee


Today I wrote a little bit, same with last night. No legitimate progress to report on, but the ball is indeed rolling, however slowley. I don't know how this tumblr thing is gonna go though, hahh. We'll see.


Earlier in poetry we had to compare ourselves to an object, and this is what I wrote-
I am a book. Upon immediate inspection, I am nothing but a weakly presented title page and a tough binding. At this point, many turn and leave. Few will discover how easily how I open up.
I will never go and find you myself but I will always welcome you with open arms. I am not prejudiced- I love everyone the same. Words are my purpose for being. I exsist solely for the purpose of revealing every facet and secret- the only catch is that you have to ask.
I am sorry that it's short/not a poem :(


I want desperately to be on the beach right now, I cannot even explain to you. I was looking at old pictures from a school trip and I just want my ridiculous hair back so I can throw it up in a bun and walk along the side of the water. I don't understand why I don't live there right now. oh em gee.


transport me,
or love me.
I will accept either.
lahve,
loch.

2 comments: