The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Monday, October 11, 2010

back yard block party

Back by popular demand ;)


I'm writing this as I sit in the West mall waiting for A) a Native American festival to be over so I can interview participants and B) a guy from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to call me back with some one I can interview. There's always so much waitinggg. It's a really nice day out, though. Maybe a little warm, but whatever, I live in Austin, and there's kind of a breeze and I'm in the shade so it doesn't really matter anyway.
I haven't blogged in a while. Or I guess, this is kind of a normal break between blogs? Because I blog a lot more than most people, but for me it seems like it's been weeks. It's probably actually been what, like four days? 
I've written an assload. Like, so much. I went back and did some edits on the revision of 3 that I started earlier in the semester, lengthened it and made it more readable (hahh) and while I've basically got the plot lined up in my cranium, I feel more comfortable if I can go back and look at it so I don't forget? So I've been trying to organize it in a document. Everythings really lengthened and I've added on a lot and things are started to move like legit. Like, more legit than they have in a while. This isn't me starting a novel, this is me writing one. legit legit legit.
Of course, it's clearly not yet Barnes&Noble material. But still.


I deleted a blog I wrote the other day and I regret it. I didn't save it anywhere, or else I would repost it. I'm sorry. :( I wasn't sure if it was something I should leave up, at the time.
I would post more poetry but I haven't had any assignments. This week is for our portfolio consultations, so I'll let you know how that goes. I edited the one from a few posts ago and it's better now, thank goodness. 
This weekend was fun! In case anyone was curious how that went. I made friends. Yay! I bought earrings made out of Polish coins and a ring made out of a nickel from Singapore. Legit. Too much so to quit, I would think. 


<3 @ all of you and every facet of your personality,
always,
loch.


ps. to the people who understand the picture- can we go back soon? I'm okay with the forest/plumbing. Sort of. But I liked the sleeping bags... ;)
Also, I feel like I already posted that picture somewhere in this blog, and I know it's already on Kay Elle's blog, but frankly, I'm running out of pictures. Everyone knows I'm not a photographer, let's be honest here.


pss. I wish I knew how to change the backround on this thing.


psss. I should start posting ps's in the actual text of the blog. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment