The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

how young?

So I started another blog on tumblr.


Now I know what you're thinking. It's probably along the lines of "whut the daunch, allie, way to be loyal," except maybe not with the word daunch, because I think I'm the only one that says that.
This morning, a columnist from the new york times came to speak at my journalism lecture, and long story short, I realized that journalist me and novelist me have kind of been battling for this blog lately, so I decided the best way to solve the problem would be to give journalist me it's own blog. That way I can focus this one entirely on novelist me and everyone will be happy. If you're interested, you can reach the other blog at kolechtaiswriting.tumblr.com.


Right now I'm sitting in the union with a half eaten tray of honey barbecue wings from wendy's waiting to go to listen to the guy who wrote the screenplay for Milk give a talk to RadioTelevisionFilm/QueerStudentsAlliance kids. I have literally not had a moment to breathe this week, except yesterday, which I spent sleeping and watching hulu to recharge my dwindling mental battery. There's been so much running around and waiting desperately for phone calls and typing ridiculously quickly and worrying about completely useless panels and berating myself for not taking more spanish in high school. Eckhh. Luckily, tomorrow will consist of an hour long discussion section and that's it. I can devote the rest of the day to whatever I want, which will be mostly studying/writing :)


I am going to go get in line for the talk I'm covering. 
I hope you all have beautiful evenings. 
-Loch
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment