The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

the eyes of the classy are upon you.

This time next year, I'll be in a different kind of town.
I expected to be in a different kind of state, mind you. Financial aide, however, dictated otherwise, and this weekend was spent at my future university campus. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty much sold on it. I feel like there's something about the city that suits me. I bought spirit wear, so everyone can go ahead and consider the deal sealed. I think what I liked the most about it was that everyone was cool with one another. Plus I high fived a thirty five year old crack head on the street and apparently there's a famous cross dressing hobo who lives in a box that can be found in all of the tourist books. I think I'll fare well.
I had never before considered living off campus, but housing isn't guaranteed for freshman and honestly, that makes me really nervous. I'd rather secure a living space now than scramble over summer to find a place to live, you know? Plus the on campus meal plan blows. Luckily, there's some privately owned dorms right near the communication buildings, which are where I'm going to be spending most of my time, so I'm planning on living fancy! And with unlimited meals a week, MWAHAHAHAHAHH. hahh.
I'm sorry it's been so long, I've just been way busy. I left town Thursday night and couldn't figure out how to get Internet access at the hotel, and since I got back Sunday I've been busy out of my mind with homework and figuring out financial aide and all that jazzy stuff. Orchestra is making me really happy and other electives are making me really not, but it's all good. For the past couple of weeks, I've been happier than I have been in a long time, at least at school. I have also never been so anxious to graduate- I can practically smell summer, it's making me really impatient.
I find it very difficult to dislike things/people, but I realized today that for the first time in my life, I hate someone. I personally commend myself on going this long without admitting the truth- after I made the realization I had a whole lot of unbridled energy and I think it's the energy I usually use to try and convince myself that she only means well. Which, by the way, is false. Plus, I like the unbridled energy, I think I'm going to keep it around.
I'm not in that picture, I took it. My back yard, some friends, and a wasp burial are in it though. We might be savages? It was quite a while ago. Writing is interesting. I had some revelations this weekend. I'm not really sure what's going on in my head right now, but I promise I'll let you guys know as soon as I do.
I think I might actually read the next book we're studying for English. It's called Heart of Darkness. I want to take a nap. I'll see you guys in the next couple of nights,
feel the lahve,
Loch.

No comments:

Post a Comment