The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Monday, March 15, 2010

the classy appreciate fine literature.

That picture was on my work's register computer. It makes me think of hard candy and cherry soda. I really hope someone else feels the same. It has no relevance to anything at all, and I'm pretty sure it was one of the standard ones that comes with your computer, but I hope you all like it!
So I would like for everyone to know that on Sunday I was sitting in the back at work reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, which is amazing by the way, and my brain put on its dancing shoes and had a freaking party without telling me first. Not that I mind at all, but it was very impromptu, and it definitely got the creative gears oiled and churning away. Probably beneficial in the long run. I just kept reeling out stuff that I literally hadn't even considered until right then, and I started writing the epilogue to whatever it is I'm writing, which is good because that's the part I had hoped to get finished first, because the rest of the book sort of relies on it, even though you won't really get that until you read it at the very end. I think it's either going to end up being a novel or a novella. Short story is most definitely out of the question at this point, and I'm feeling novel, but it could very well end up being much more brief than I'd expected. I didn't realize I was taking so much inspiration from Alice in Wonderland until I saw the movie last night and I realized that while they are entirely different premises, I've managed to make mine as trippy. Also, Alice in Wonderland was really good. Johnny Depp will never cease to amaze me with his unfailing capacity to play the part of a complete lunatic, and while doing so make said lunatic unbelievably appealing. Speaking of other appealing lunatics, I could not be more in love with Lady Gaga. If you haven't seen Telephone yet, go watch it. She and Beyonce could not possibly be more fierce.
Since I know what you guys are really itching for me to talk about, I'll oblige and give you the dish- my spring break has been great so far. Despite the obscene amount of extra hours I seem to have this week, which really isn't something I'm all that averted to because I took last weekend off for that church retreat and my paycheck was painfully small, I've managed to fit in quite a few social expenditures and am sufficiently exhausted, but still up for whatever whenever as long as I'm not trapped in the small retail hell I call my job. Granted, someone brought a box of microwave kettle corn to stash in the back so now I can eat whenever I want. I'm typing this entry on the register computer right now as I tend to several customers- there's this family and these obnoxious kids keep trying to go in the back, and I have to pee and I'm really annoyed. I hope no one I work with ever sees this, or at least if they do it's after I've already rolled out, because if they do I don't think they'll be particularly fond of keeping me on the job. It's not all that bad, it's just very easy to get tired of.
I don't have a whole lot to say right now, but it's been a while since I've updated. I've noticed that a lot of people update their blogs like once a month, which weirds me out. I just don't feel comfortable if I go for too long leaving you guys hanging, you know? Maybe I'm the weird one. Whatever. I'll be back in a couple of days. To be honest, I might be back later tonight.
LAHHHVE,
Loch.

No comments:

Post a Comment