The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

walk a little farther to another plan

My roommate looked at me funny when I took that picture. I adore her, by the way. I should've been reading about a journalism scandal. Obviously, I wasn't.
Right now I'm sitting in the laundry room, pissed because some jerk decided tonight was the night to take up three of the four machines even though I need two of them, sippin on mountain dew/coffee (separately, of course), and trying to talk myself into writing a review I need to have done by tomorrow morning. I spent this weekend with one of my best friends (see picture two) at her school, which is like twenty minutes away, and it shed some light in unexpected places. I'm in a generally good mood right now. I think my biggest problem is that I haven't really been making decisions.
I was at the computer store this week and like the jobless idiot I am, I spent a trillion billion more dollars than I should have on script writing software, basically a super fancy version of word, which makes novel writing feel a lot more legit. Also, I found my think spot. I think things might be going alright again on the writing front. I think I was just taking the wrong approach.

You know what I really want to do? I want to live on a beach. I thought for a really long time that my dream house would be in a really woodsy area in a big secluded house on a lake with a lot of mountains and that kind of thing, and maybe one day that'll be what I want, but lately when I'm daydreaming it always seems to come back to the ocean. I don't know if it's the idea of being in the warmth all the time or the way the ocean looks but there's something about it that I'm feeling this weirdly intense attraction to right now. Maybe I'll splurge and go to graduate school in California. There are journalism jobs there, yeah?
I had a really bad dream last night, and I don't really want to go back to sleep. Good thing I have an assload of stuff to do that'll basically keep me up all night.
I promise you I love you with all of me,
Loch Loch Loch.

P.S. Loch is not my real last name, it's the name of the street I grew up on. That being said, yesterday I was told that to find out what your stripper name would be, you use the name of your first pet and then the street you grew up on. Wanna know what mine is? Rusty Loch. lol/fml.

No comments:

Post a Comment