The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Friday, September 3, 2010

this grave shift is like a slave shift

Yesterday I did three things I hadn't planned on doing.
The first is relatively unimportant, but I just wanna put it out there. Jogged two miles. WHAT.
After that, I went back to my dorm, and I picked up my phone, and I realized that it doesn't delete text messages. Ever. Every freaking text message I've ever send from that phone is in there. So, I did some cleaning. Some very specific cleaning. I feel a mixture of intense nostalgia, empowerment, and a rather potent ironic sort of feeling that I can't quite place.
Lastly, I went to a meeting for the TV station on campus. I fully intended to sign up for the news program, but the girl in charge of it started talking, and I was like, you know what? Fuck broadcast. I like print. So in short, I basically signed up for every sketch comedy show on campus.
Interesting enough, ne?
always yours,
-alexandra.

p.s. it's rainy in Austin today.

No comments:

Post a Comment