The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm shiney and I know it.

But really I'm mostly just bored. I'm sitting in the newsroom right now, waiting for my story to be edited with absolutely nothing to do, happy enough that I could literally start laughing and bored out of my skull. Today was one of the most stressful days of my life, and I can honestly say that I cannot wait to spend four more years worth of days like it, even though I might have to cry myself to sleep at night sometimes. You see what news writing does to me? I feel like I'm back in my junior year of high school, new on staff and bumbling around like a stupid goat while I demanded to be at the top. I mean, I guess that's what I am. Minus the demanding to be at the top thing. 
... For now.


By the way, "like a stupid goat" is literally the stupidest simile I have ever used, ever, and you just witnessed it.
BRAVO.

I don't really have anything to say, I've gotta be up front with you. I'm typing to avoid the desperate nothingness that is sitting in a chair looking at a mac that may well have been constructed before I hit puberty and thinking only about how good the cookie I had earlier was and lamenting the fact that I no longer have it. Because I ate it. And I have my laptop with me but it's about to die. And so is my phone. Pretty soon I'm going to be all alone with nothing but the pre pubescent Macintosh and the nine or ten other people in the room who all have something to actively work on, and then all I'll be able to do is fume with jealousy. And by fume I mean type a bunch of things that don't make any sense and post them as a blog. I'm really sorry I've been so incoherent lately, I'm just finding myself with constant busyness exchanged with stints of unusually free times.

Yesterday I thought I lost my flash drive with all of my writing on it and I literally almost peed in fear. So I ran to the comm school, which is a billion miles away, and it was still in the newsroom in the computer I had left it in. On Sunday. Trustworthy journalists? I think YES.

OOOOOPS I've gotta go. I have things to do now YAY.

I'll be back tomorrow or the next day! 
LAHVE LAHVE LAAHVE GAGA AND YOU,
Loch :)


p.s. sorry no picture, I don't have access to any that I could publish without getting sued at the moment. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment