The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Thursday, May 6, 2010


That picture was from my work computer. I don't know what it is. Enjoy.
So I just went out on a limb, and I'm either going to feel really stupid and weird or really good about it depending. I'm feeling halfway vulnerable and halway exhilirated right now, and it honestly wasn't even that big of a decision, but I would have been dissapointed in myself had I not done it, you know? I had to talk myself into it though. It took some convincing.
I've been really happy lately, but there are a few things that I regret that keep popping up in my mind, and I've decided that I want to remedy those things now. Like, right now. I really hate being out of my house and having a really amazing time and then coming home and not having anything to do, and ending up mulling over things that happened a year ago that I can't change, and I've decided that I'm done. If I want to talk to someone, I'm going to do it, damnit. All I can do is hope that they get back to me.
Last night I was thinking about it, and this song came on by some american idol whatchamacallit about life being short and everything, and my immediate thought was how well it applied, with the one succeeding that being how stupid it was to get so inspired by a song performed by someone from american idol. Still though, it got me thinking, and I'm done talking myself out of things.
I sent someone a message today because facebook told me to reconnect, and damnit, I'm going to. Even if it's been... a while.
By the way, I'm reading the Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, and if you havn't read it already, do. It's amazing and insightful and full of the best advice that you'll ever get. Oscar Wilde is freaking brilliant.
I started writing something new.
-Alexandra Loch.

No comments:

Post a Comment