The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

stars wish on the classy.

As you can see in this lovely photograph, Alexandra is obviously thrilled. Guess why. I got my very own shiny new web cam. And we all know how much I like shiny and new!
Speaking of, I started writing something new again. I know, I'm going crazy. I feel like I'm reverting to how I was before I started this blog. I'm going to concentrate on this one though, I swear. Hahh.
I blame Stumbleupon. It led me to this crazy brainstorming wheel thing that spurts out words for you to write about. I swear to god that website is like a writer's freaking goldmine, just tell it you're interested and it throws things at you like bazonkers. It's wild and I'm in love love love, again. As per uzsheee.
I've been happy today. I had to go into work unexpectedly, because I was supposed to take the day off but the girl who was going to cover for me got sick (get better Kay Elle :/ ), and the whole front of the store is windows, and it was my absolute favorite weather, overcast and coldish warm. The only thing that could possibly have done me better is if it had been drizzling. Last night I fell asleep on the couch and when I got up to go to my actual bed at 4:30 in the morning, I could hear the water pounding onto the roof and I just wanted to go lay down on my front lawn. There's something about rain that's just so much more beautiful and eccentric than the sun could ever be. Any who, while I was in the back I was reading a bunch of inspirational quotes from writers or that pertained to writers, and it really brought out the little optimist that lives inside my head. The world just looked better today.
I think that the most fundamental problem that most writers have is that we have a tendency to see beauty in too many different things. The issue is an over diffusement of concentration- we, or at least I, work on one project obsessively for the first 36 hours, until I find something else that captures my attention, and then I'm too busy obsessing over that to consider the original project again. The real trick is learning to focus. The fact is that you can be the best writer in the world but if you can't work on something long enough to finish it and get it published, you're nothing. No one will read you, no one will talk about you, you will never be taught in English classes. I just need to figure out a way to make my brain not so scattered.
I have a good feeling about everything right now, and things appear to be going my way. Right now my biggest focus is on getting the hell out of high school, and then summer will be here and I can write for however long I want, at least until college. But I'm sure that college will give me a lot of new material :)
If you are reading this, I am hopelessly and irrevocably in love with you. Like Bella Swan was with Edward Cullen, except for that I'm not cool with you sucking my blood and if you sparkle, we're going to have to work something out because I might get jealous. Expect me back soon. I think. I hope you wake up happy tomorrow morning.
Pleace,
loch.

No comments:

Post a Comment