The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

the classy do what they have to.

The past couple of days have been particularly surreal.
Today I was reminded of elementary school. Remember when high school seemed a million miles away? After this week, I have one week left, then exams, and then I am done with high school. Literally done with high school. No more. No more dress code, no more high school football games on Friday nights without being a creeper, no more waking up at 6:30-more-like-7:05 in the morning for classes if I don't want to take them that early, no more seeing the same people every day. I think that's the weirdest part. It didn't really strike me until today how far we'll be. My best friend is moving a few states away, and we were talking today, and it hit me that I won't see her in person anymore. I don't really know how to react to that, but I'm definitely not okay with it. High school is finally, finally almost over with, and I have no idea what to expect.
I'm almost done with the Picture of Dorian Gray, and I don't know what to read next. I have some more books from that bookstore in Portland that I'd really like to read, Death is a Lonely Business by my idol Ray Bradbury and the Gods Themselves by Issac Asimov, but I've been meaning to reread Walden by Thoreau, but then I started reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte a while back and never finished it so I should maybe finish that? And I borrowed Water for Elephants months ago from Kay Elle, so I'm wondering if that should be next on my list? Hahh, I'm open to advice. I am most definitely undecided. Also, I have a copy of the complete Lord of the Rings trilogy that I got for three bucks from Half Price that I've really been meaning to crack open, and on a completely unrelated note, I would like to add that my copy of the Picture of Dorian Gray is falling apart all over the place because the particular edition was published in 1964 and it has been loved on very thoroughly.
The newest thing I'm writing is going incredibly, and I've pretty much dedicated myself to it. This past few days has been spent doing whatever I can to make sure that my writing is worth reading. I think things have changed, a little but. Not changed, that's not a good word for it. Evolved is closer to what I mean. Things have evolved.
I want to publish I want to write I want you to read I will write I love you,
-Alexandra Loch.

p.s. I did not take that picture. My best friend's web cam did. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment