The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

stars on your ceiling

The bitchiest text I ever sent was only three words long.
It was to an ex who'd just gotten fired and probably inhaled more THC than oxygen. I texted him to let him know that a smoke shop nearby was hiring. He never responded, because in retrospect, he was prob offended, or at least as offended as you can be while you're stoned. At the time, I honestly just figured he might like to know because we both liked the store.
The moral of this anecdote is not that I shouldn't have sent it and certainly not that I'm sorry. I just want to say that sometimes, even though we might not know that we mean what we say, we usually end up saying what needs to be said.
I think I'm actually making a decision for once? This blog post does not mean what you think it does.


"I developed a sense that meaning itself was resident in the rhythms of words and sentences and paragraphs, a technique for withholding whatever it was I thought or believed behind an increasingly impenetrable polish. The way I write is who I am,"


Love,
Loch.

No comments:

Post a Comment