The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Monday, June 6, 2011

my excuse is that I'm young

I would like to say that jealous bitches are the least attractive thing I can think of, especially when they're 20 years older. I would also like to say that there is no better feeling in the world than satisfaction.
I am not going to spend my life in the break room eating pre packaged lunches and talking enthusiastically about feta cheese and weight watchers and my bitch of a mother-in-law. I refuse. There is no reason why a person shouldn't be able to find a way to be fabulous, and I can't understand those who are content to simply accept the cards they've been dealt. The only way to find real success is to shuffle the goddamn deck, and you cannot do that if you watch slowly while your husband gains 150 lbs as you age and continue to bring him fresh turkey sandwiches upon his beck and call.
Last night I went to a park I haven't been to since last summer and tried to remember what I felt like then, and I realized it doesn't matter anymore because regardless of how I feel, I'm better. It is finally dawning on me that I am not the same girl I was a year ago.
<3,
Loch.

p.s. the people who love you the most aren't always the people you expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment