The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

look at me now,

I'm getting paper.

 Oh solitude! If I must with thee dwell,
let it not be among the jumbled heap 
of murky buildings; climb with me the steep-
nature's observatory- whence the dell,
its flowery slopes, its river's crystal swell,
may seem a span; let me thy vigils keep
'mongst boughs pavillion'd, where the deer's swift leap
startles the wild bee from the fox-glove bell.
But though I'll gladly trade these scenes with thee,
yet the sweet converse of an innovent mind,
whose words are images of thoughts refined,
is my soul's pleasure; and it sure must be
almost the highest bliss of human kind,
when to they haunts two kindred spirits flee.

-loch

No comments:

Post a Comment