The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

house made of paper

Dr. Pepper does not taste as good without whisky.

There are not enough hours in the day and thoughts are building building building up and I'm editing when I should be making phone calls. I am tearing everything apart and rebuilding. Sorry I'm posting twice.


Take cover, signs don't show,
you drove me off the road,
but you let go cause your hope is gone,
and every question fades away



You tread water, fighting for the air in your lungs,
move, move closer,
maybe you can right all your wrongs.



It's a shame you don't know what you're running from.
Would your bones have to break and your lights turn off,
would it take the end of time to hear your heart's false start?
You know this is your biggest mistake, 
what a waste, what a waste, what a waste,
and of all the things you never explained,
you know this is your biggest mistake.


Wipe the mud stains from your face,
stop the engine, stop pretending.
Wipe the mud stains from your face, stop the engine,
stop pretending that your still breathing.


-loch

p.s. happy birthday Kay Elle, I love youu <3

No comments:

Post a Comment