The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

if i do what i love

I'm sitting on a couch in the union right now waiting to go meet someone to do an interview, watching the rain die down and thinking about the emails I'm waiting for and being somewhere foreign. There is only one thing in my life that I would change right now and it's making me a little uneasy, because when things go this well it's usually the calm before a storm.
Words change everything. Whether we realize it or not and certainly whether we like it or not, words and language form the lenses that we see the world through. They create the space we live in and our perception of it. Nothing really exists without communication, and harnessing it can make you the most powerful person in the world, if you're good at it. The trick is that it's difficult to know whether or not you're actually good.
The sun is starting to come out again.
Love always,
Loch.

No comments:

Post a Comment