The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

not even the classiest call themselves perfect.

I know I haven't posted in a while, I'm sorry! I've been crazy busy. That's not a very good excuse, but it's what I've got. Things are going pretty interestingly, though!
First off on my list of news, I'm finally remembering to bring my punch card with me to escape, which is good because I've been there like ten freaking times since I got the punch card so I would already be sipping on my free pomegranate green tea with bubbles if my memory weren't so lacking. Just saying. I have five punches now, four more to go and I'm getting my hands on some free merchandise!
Secondly, and more importantly, the opportunity of a lifetime has arisen in my humble town! For me, I mean. Sorry if you were getting excited. Either way, I think I've mentioned once or twice that I'm Editor in Chief of my school newspaper. If I haven't, and there's a very real chance that I didn't, now you know. As you can probably figure out, I am very into journalism, alongside my passion for novelism. Novel writing? A novelistic career? There are just so many ways to say it.
Anyway, a major local newspaper is looking for interns. Guess who's applying. Just guess.
Also, if you could, remind me to study up on my Japanese. I don't think I've ranted yet on the vast amount of languages I want to learn before I turn twenty seven (I think there's about eight?), but Japanese and German are first on the list, mostly because they're the two countries I'm most interested in living in. I'm teaching myself, and last year I went on this kick where I studied for roughly two hours every night, but this year I've been lacking, and I didn't realize how much until very recently. I need to catch up with the rest of the Japanese learning community!
Writing is going well. I went through a bunch of old files on my laptop a few nights ago and realized that there's a pretty strong theme that runs through a few of them, so I'm starting to formulate a plot in my head and I've decided to recycle some older things. What I really need to focus on right now is character development, which I'm working on. I have a couple of people who I've gotten the basis for that I just need to meat out a little bit, and after that I'm brainstorming whoever I can, whenever I can.
I have a good feeling about this idea. I think it's been trying to get out of my head and onto paper for a while and I just havn't paid enough attention to notice. Somehow, I feel like this is going to take me somewhere.
That is a picture of some penguins, my favorite animals in the entire world. I took it, thank you very much, right after feeding time at the free zoo in St. Louis. There is nothing that makes me happier in life than a couple of well fed land locked birds swimming around contentedly. Not that the ones in the picture are swimming, but it was a good photo op.
I promise I won't go so long without posting again. I've been feeling classy lately, I hope you have too.
Love,
Loch.

No comments:

Post a Comment