The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Monday, February 8, 2010

the classy know where they are.


That is a picture of some eyes. Sketchy? Yes. Classy? Def. Guess where. Just keep guessing.
Today has made me happy and all over the place. I sunk really low tonight and got a twitter, still not sure how I feel about that. I had a lot more to say an hour ago.
I wish people understood what it meant to be objective. I mean really, is it so hard to step back from everything for just a second? It's getting to the point of self centerdness. If you can't pull back from your own personal biases for a half second and look through someone else's eyes, then I don't know how you ever expect to get anything done. To be honest, if you want to weedle things into going your way, the first thing you're going to have to do is figure out how everyone thinks and minipulate that to work for you. Things are simple once you start looking at how other people are going to react.
So did anyone else know that firefox has like a built in spell check thing? and that it says that firefox is spelled wrong, every time I type it? Weird, but at least I'm spelling things right now, because apparently I wasn't before.
For those of you who were still wondering how my group did at solo and ensemble, because I know that's the first thing on everyone's minds, my quartet rated excellent. Which is good. Thanks for caring, if you did.
You know what's especially nice? I havn't ever really had any friends who write who I've talked to more than once a week until this year, and I think it's helping the character thing along. Also, if you're reading this and saying to yourself, gee, what about me? It's probably because I don't consider badly written poetry when I discuss writing. Because you know, you can tell yourself you have all the talent in the world, but that'll never mean you do. You either have it or you don't.
Which brings me to another point. I really wish people would start becoming more aware of what they are and aren't good at. I, for one, am more than aware of my flaws, which I do, indeed, have many of. In fact, I'm kind of fond of a lot of them, which is probably a flaw in itself. I know I'm talented in certain areas, and I don't care that I'm not talented in others. If your not good at something, stop doing it. Start doing something else. It's a really simple formula for success. If you are good at something, I see no reason why you should have any inhibitions about flaunting it.
You see, in my personal opinion, what seperates us from animals is that we are all born intrinsically talented. Some of us lose it, growing up, which leads us to believe that we aren't. Let me assure you, that is a lie. You have some kind of talent, something you were born to do, I promise. One day you are going to pick up an instrument or a paintbrush or a computer or a hacky sack and other people are going to stop and stare, and wish they could be more like you.
When you find out what you're supposed to be doing, trust me, you'll know. I really dislike it when people try forcing themselves into talent. When you start doing what you're good at, it'll come naturally. Please don't force it, because all you're doing is pissing people off, leading others on, and letting yourself get distracted from what you should be searching for. That's really all anyones doing is searching, and if they're not searching then they've found what they're looking for. It's not a difficult concept to stomach. If everyone would stop caring what other people thought for a little bit, the world would be a much more tolerable place to love in.
I just want to read and write and form sentences for the rest of my life. Words are all I can do with myself sometimes, and today was one of those days. Maybe I should write things I'm being graded for, now? I actually wrote down some character stuff today, instead of just thinking about it. I think I'm moving along nicely!
I hope everyone's day went well. I'll keep posting more often.
laave laave laave,
loch.

dear everyone,
formspring.me/helloalexandra
twitter.com/helloalexandruh
alexxandruh.tumblr.com
I have a facebook, but you don't get to see it just yet :)
thnx.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, fellow blogger:]
    can you guess who this is?
    (i feel like a creep!)

    ReplyDelete