The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

the classy grow weary too.

LOOK EVERYONE, IT'S A PEACOCK.
For lent, I'm going to go jogging every day. There is a thirty seven percent chance that I will fail, and a sixty three percent chance that I am going to look even hotter than I already do at the end of forty days and forty nights. Everyone keep your hopes up for the latter.
I got a free flash drive this week from a college function. I'm not going to that particular college, but it's one gig
I didn't have. Get excited, I've gone portable! It's not a particularly exciting story, but the prospect of being able to carry files from my laptop to school is really shiny and new to me. Before I got my hands on my new baby, I had to find a way to transfer files to the desktop, take a time machine back to the stone age, and use a floppy disk, or save them online on an account I could access from school. A flash drive is much easier.
Speaking of computer files, I had a little bit of a breakthrough. After delving into the many folders of writing I've accumulated over the years, I found three basic plot patterns I tend to follow and a few basic characters that seem to pop up pretty frequently. They never have the same name, but they're very obviously the same people, and I have a feeling that they're going to play a large part in whatever it is that I end up publishing.
Keeping all of this in mind, I had no idea what I was going to do with them. Plot right now is very all over the place. I know events that I want to happen, but the order is out the window. Luckily enough for me, I have a friend who is a writer, and after reading something she'd typed up, it hit me. It's weird, because it wasn't really her plot line that did it, but it made me think of something, and then suddenly everything clicked. Things are a little more solid in my head now, which is good.
On another note, I want everyone to stop what they're doing right now and go YouTube "rusty the narcoleptic dog music video." We watched it in my psychology class today, and I laughed for like ten hours. Just putting that one out there.
Jay and Zay have made it very apparent that they do not want to be referred to as Jay and Zay, and have demanded pen names. Jay will now be known as Sebastian, and Zay will be known as Ezekial. Fun fact, my new name is Zander. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was my first girl crush, just putting that one out there. I hope everyone understand why those two things are relevant to one another.
I don't really have anything that I want to rant or rave about at the moment. I'm just happy that things are working themselves out in my head, I really like knowing what's going on up there. Sometimes those things kind of get away from me, and it's really a good feeling when they finally come home.
I might go fall asleep. I'm probably going to write.
Love,
Loch.

No comments:

Post a Comment