The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Friday, August 20, 2010

In the wake of Saturday

I'm typing this blog from a hotel room in Austin. I've stayed at this hotel before but this time feels more pungent because tomorrow morning when I check out, I'm not driving back home.
This past week has been full of shoving books and sweaters into Sterilite containers, getting unnecessarily emotional, saying goodbye to the people I grew up with, and realizing I actually need to buy things like Kleenexes. This summer has been full of late nights, new friends, slight but expected disappointments, and some of my absolute favorite pictures to go back and look at. Now suddenly it's gone, and right now the memories are so close I can smell them, but in two months, they'll be so distant it'll seem like years have passed. It's terrifying, but the speed that life is suddenly going is undeniably exhilarating.
Tomorrow morning I'm moving into a dorm room and starting my life as a college freshman. :)
Please expect more frequent updates. I love you with everything that I have.
- Loch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment