The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

guessing at numbers and figures

There are few things in life that don't have words attached to them, but they exist, and they are always the things that I have the most trouble dealing with. The way I feel when I see my baby twin siblings, the safe notion I get when I curl up under the covers in Julia's room at home, the internal quiet that used to settle over me while I drove to and from a particular boy's house late at night last winter, the nostalgia of walking through my old elementary school's playground, remembering all the things that happened there. The strange feeling in the pit of my stomach when I realize that I don't know what I want, and I'm going to have to make a real decision soon.
I don't want to become the kind of old person who lays awake at night wondering "what if?"

-Loch

No comments:

Post a Comment