The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

a motorcycle and a dinosaur

Last night was weird and generally unhappy. I had to miss one of my best friends birthdays because of work, so I was already annoyed, and then there was an ish with financial aide so that sucked, and I was up late yet again. But for some reason, I still feel unusually effervescent. That is a picture of my emotional state at le moment.
I went to my college orientation on Monday. Actually, it didn't start until Tuesday morning, but we drove down Monday night. I guess I haven't clarified yet, but I'll be stationed out of UT Austin in the fall. Any who, I spent Tuesday morning through Friday morning in Austin, and I could not possibly love it there more. There's something about Austin that makes me feel really at home, and you know how I'd wanted to go super far for college? I thought I'd be weirded out when I saw ten people that I knew from high school in the first four minutes of orientation, but I kind of dig it. It's nice to know I have backups to call if I'm really lonely. Seriously though, ten, and I swear I ended up seeing like a katrillion. I mostly hung out with new people though? So that was nice. I like making friends. And I got my scheduleeeeee, I love schedules :)
I emailed this music website about writing for them? They're like a super baby version of AP. Like really, really small and new, but with the same idea. So maybe that'll happen? It'd be cool, since the music scene in Austin is massive. Also, work has been putting me in an unusually good mood, for reasons I will not yet disclose :)
Writing has slowed. It will pick up soon. Don't fret. It's just that I've been out of town and I've been working since I got back in town. Speaking of which, I have to go get ready, because I'm supposed to be selling pizzas in thirty minutes. Hahh.
P3Ac3 0uT
-Loch

No comments:

Post a Comment