The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Monday, November 21, 2011

start a war

Coffee and cigarettes are a food group.

On Friday, I almost didn't go to initiation for the sorority my roommate and I joined. I got cold feet and I called to say I wasn't going. The president called me and tried to convince me to, and I told her I would consider it. Then, I realized that if everyone was freaking out so much about me not going, I might as well go. When I called back the president to tell her I was going, she literally started crying with happiness. If there is anything I will remember for the rest of my life, it will be that, if only because it is such a beautiful example how people are wonderful.
Right now I am sitting in the office eating a muffin for breakfast at 2:31 p.m. and contemplating doing anything that might actually be considered productive. This weekend I realized that I lost something a long time ago, and I think I might have found it again. My stress has been a bit subdued, but now it comes in waves, so for a while I feel great and then suddenly my stomach is turning.

National Novel Writing Month was a fail. So are my academics.
I cannot wait for this semester to be over,
Loch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment