The Downlow

My photo
austin, texas, United States
aspiring writer, English and journalism student, hails from Texas. likes include writing, coffee, books, whisky and people.

Friday, July 23, 2010

obsessive minus progressive

"What do you see right now? You see exactly and only what I choose to show you. That is illusion, Ivy. That is the lie that I tell your eyes. Making the magic happen, in the moment, in that split second, but seeing behind this motherfucker and knowing that it's all bullshit. But I can shape it, I can shift it, I can make it as real as this room. And that's why I'm valuable here Ivy, and that is why you are not."
-Smokin' Aces

"What I don't get is this new obsession with choices. Why is it so nessecary to decide between being a firefighter or an astraunaut? Why can't you be a firefighter and an astraunaut?"
"Because fires don't break out in space?"
"Haha, you're hysterical. Seriously though, like in elementary school? Teachers are basically drilling into these kid's heads that they can only have one dream. I just can't wrap my head around that. These kids should have twelve dreams, a hundred different aspirations, and there's no reason why they shouldn't all come true. Success doesn't mean embracing one career that you focus on exclusivly, it means dying happy."
"Baby-"
"No, I'm being serious! There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to do everything. Especially now that with medicine you can live to be like 130. Really though, give me a decent reason you shouldn't be able to be a doctor and an artist."
"Time constraints?"
"Oh shut up. 130 years, seriously?"
"Maybe I like being a doctor?"
"That's the stupidest reason ever."
"Stupidest?"
"Smartass. You're seriously going to sit here and tell me you would pass up the totally grabbable opportunity of being a famous artist for the sole reason that you enjoy your job as a doctor? You've been drawing since you were like, born."
"Look babe, there's only so much time in a day."
"Alright, 24 hours. But how much of that time do you spend sleeping? Dreaming instead of doing?"
"..."
"Sleep is for the week, babe. You can do whatever the hell you want, you just don't think you can. You're the barrier. Time hasn't got a thing to do with it."




Why is everyone so afraid of being ugly? Being ugly is what makes you beautiful.
I promise I'll be posting more often now. I think I've broken through my block.
-Loch

No comments:

Post a Comment